Hello there, mother to be! We can exactly understand that you are filled with absolute joy, nervousness and excitement in this journey of motherhood. There are many things that a soon mama to be has to keep in mind for the good health of the mother as well as the baby.
If you are pregnant or someone whom you know is going to be a mother soon, then you should definitely read this article. Today, our article is all about the healthy eating tips which every pregnant woman should follow during and post-pregnancy.
Let us begin!
How to manage your weight gain during pregnancy?
According to medical experts, it is said that a pregnant woman is supposed to gain an average weight between 11-16 Kg during her pregnancy. In case, if you already have more weight, then it’s strictly advised to you to keep a check on your weight gain and eat healthily.
- Eat seasonal and fresh fruits & vegetables which are rich in vitamins and low in calories.
- Eat breads and cereals which are made from whole grains.
- Choose less-fatty dairy products. This is because, a pregnant woman is supposed to consume 3 servings of dairy product on daily basis. Therefore, consuming less fatty will be beneficial and will also keep a check on your weight.
- Prepare all the meals in low-fat cooking oil.
- Eat dry-fruits daily.
Food to avoid
- Avoid carbonated drinks including Coke, Pepsi, beer and alcohol.
- Say no to food which has corn syrup or artificial sweetening flavors.
- Consume food which has less quantity of fat.
- Lean to say no to junk, fried and spicy food.
Losing weight after pregnancy
Now that you have given birth to your child, it is about time to get back in the pre-pregnancy weight. We advise our readers not to put too much pressure of losing weight upon you. Rather you should take up the plan of losing weight slowly and steadily. The experienced doctors suggest that females should get back into proper weight within 6-12 months after their pregnancy.
One of the most important things to be noted by a mother who is breastfeeding is that she should not aim to lose weight immediately because it will also lower the quantity of milk being produced by you.
- It is better not to skip the meals.
- Always have meals on time.
- Choose to eat 5-6 small meals in a day rather than having 3 heavy meals.
- Always pick low-fat dairy products.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Never skip your breakfast as it is the first meal of the day to give you energy to kick start the day.
Foods to avoid
- Prefer baked or boiled food items rather than fried.
- Cut on your sugar consumption.
- Say no to carbonated drinks with artificial sweetening flavors.
- No more junk food.
We hope that you have enjoyed reading the article and now you are ready to finally start your journey of proper weight management during and post pregnancy.